The Nicholls Group is offering
a Summer Discount
Limited Time Only!
Cogmed is a training program that measurably and sustainably improves working memory, attention and concentration, The program is used by children and adults with attention problems ranging from mild inattention to ADHD, and some learning disabilities. Cogmed is a radically different, effective and evidence-based addition to the tools we traditionally use to address attention deficits. Cogmed is distributed only through psychologists and physicians to ensure that you get the same results as the research.
Cogmed was developed by neuroscientists at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden, and introduced to the United States in 2006. Our practice is now one of more than 175 teams of qualified professionals offering Cogmed training across the country with over 10,000 persons worldwide have completed the training already. This training program is backed by many peer-reviewed studies published in leading scientific journals and has produced excellent clinical results. It has been used at universities and research centers around the world.
Cogmed is a computerized training program that requires 25 sessions over 5 weeks and can improve working memory, attention, and focus as measured by fMRI and neuropsychological testing and checklists. Training effects gradually evolve and are long- lasting; 80% of those who complete training notice results 3-4 weeks after they have finished the program.
**Cogmed has now been developed so that it may be administered in the comforts of your own home. It has also been adapted to administer on such devices as a tablet or Ipad.
Here are the steps for testing and results:
1. The initial meeting and preparation for the training take place in the office and is about 30-60 minutes with your COGMED coach. Children doing the training come with one or both parents (one parent is typically the training aide and needs to be present at the first session). You leave the office with your Cogmed username and password.
2. The actual training takes place at home on a computer with Internet access. There will be weekly Coach Calls after the initial intake session. This is a very important part of the training to ensure the same results as the research. Training results are displayed online for the Coach to review the work that is done.
3. The program will provide the overall results and the coach will contact the client/parents to talk about the outcome.
4. Cogmed then offers 100 extension trainings free of charge which are 15 minutes in length and may be used for up to one year after training is completed. It is recommended that 2 sessions be done each week.
5. Payment is due at the first appointment (please call for pricing). As well as the End User Agreement with Cogmed needs to be signed at this time. Although insurance is not currently paying for this service, some HAS (health savings accounts) can pay for this training.
For more information and/or research performed on this training, please visit the official COGMED website at www.cogmed.com.
If you are interested in registering for this training, or have further questions please contact our certified COGMED representative/Coach to set up an initial training appointment.
Cathleen McCarthy is a specialist using the COGMED program. She works in conjunction with the Psychologists at The Nicholls Group as a COGMED coach.. She offers support, answers questions, and monitors progress when using the program. You may contact her directly to set up an appointment, her telephone number is 480.720.7055 or by email at CAT7@me.com
Dr. Christina Lebovitz, Clinical Psychologist at The Nicholls Group, also provides this service as a COGMED representative. You can reach her at 480-998-2303, or by email at email@example.com